Starting next week I will be starting a new plan for my day to day life. The schedule will be set up with all my previous goals in mind.
1) 2-3 hours every day will be spent on writing my novel. I don’t expect to finish my novel in two to three weeks, but I need to get at least 25% of it done by the end of Christmas break. During these 2-3 hours I will not allow myself to use the internet except to use pandora for music. I don’t know if I will use the time to write non-stop, I am going to allow myself to read books that will help my writing such as a book of symbolism and a book for writing tips, but only if I am blocked. No TV during this time either. I have pegged the afternoon for this block of time as I won’t deal with tiredness at this time nor look over my shoulder at lunch time.
2) I am going to have 30 minutes every day dedicated to exercise. I am going to do Wii Sports first to get me up and goal orientated with the Wii Fitness schedule. I don’t pretend this is the greatest fitness someone can get but it is better than nothing. I will then do about 25-50 sit ups to help my stomach.
3) Wednesdays I think will become a medical day. My Hep C medicine is scheduled for Wednesdays and I will also be going to the hospital for Hemophilia medication. Because of this I will likely make it a short writing day. Fridays will also be going to the Hospital for factor, but that won’t be an issue I don’t think as much.
4)I am going to drop lunches for the most part and snacks during winter break. I am hardcore about getting skinnier and I need to eat less. I also want to return to eating healthier for dinner and no more eating out because I need to be tight on my purse strings if I want a new computer.
That is it for now. I think with these 4 things over break I can help my goals well.
I’ve been reading The Indie Game Development Survival Guide. It is quite good. If anyone is interested in this as a field, and are considering going out on their own and making their own game, I highly suggest it. It has given me a lot of great ideas on how I could get this thing done. And I really think I could…
Continue reading “Indie Game Development”
Today was a bit of a waste. I basically used the day to de-stress from what was a pretty hectic week. I played Civ 4 most of the day playing around with the religious aspect of the day as I was told by some classmates that you could really do quite well with the religions. Continue reading “Online Personals”
I forgot another goal when I was doing goals a couple of days ago so I thought I’d talk about that one today. Essentailly my 4th goal is to build a totally new computer for Windows Vista. I know I know, Vista is just OSX, but damn that OS is pretty and I’m SICK of the 9x look, it is just so stale by this time. Honestly I wish that they would take a cue from MMO games and winamp and just allow people to skin the entire OS to make it look how you want it. But alas they don’t. Continue reading “Goal #4: Computer Upgrades”
My life seems to be extremely goal orientated right now however I’m not actually very good at fulfilling them so this is one step to try. I am going to list here a few of the goals that I have.
- Write a book.
- First step in this goal is to get in the habit of writing. So I have set a smaller goal of writing about 300 words a day, regardless of what it is about. This is just a practice I think will be good for me to get in the habit of writing. Most of these will come in the form of this blog (hopefully). But I am also going to try to fufill this via term papers in class, and even writing the real book
- In addition, I eventually want this number to increase from 300 a day to 600 a day, to 1000 a day. This way when I hit 1000 a day I will hopefully be used to it enough to transitiion into more serious book writing
- School. I need to not only keep going and do well in school, but I also need to concentrate on classes that will better my writing in some way. I feel I have done this to a certain extent by concentrating on Literature classes, but I think next semester I should try to focus more on the grammatical side and actual writing classes.
- Become a Game Developer
- Meet people in the industry. I have started this process, going to the IGDA Madison chapter meeting last Thursday, and am now helping to create their website so that I am helping out and showing true interest. I also intend on going to GDC this year and meeting people nationally there. I am also taking a game oriented class and intend on taking more next semester.
- Work on my own design. This I am doing though, less now that school has started. I want to be able to create my own game on paper, and maybe even my own puzzle game in reality to release for free and deluxe versions to start earning income and get experience in the field.
- Start my own gaming company. This is something I am working on. I think I have some interesting funding ideas to get it started and have a number of initial games to do. I also have a few friends that I believe that I can convince into joining up and building the first game with me for money after release. Actually the main thing on this fron that I am working on is what I want to call the company and then I plan on talking to lawywers to see how to get it started.
- School. Again school is something I’ve been doing, and one of the suggestions I had early on when I decided to be a game designer was to take a lot of different types of classes. Essentially I should learn about a lot of different things. I think I have done that to large extent. I have taken history, math, computer science, tons of literature on various subjects (Urdu, Russian, Multi-cultural, Shakespeare, Classic, and am currently taking Detective Fiction), Mideval warfare, sciences (like evolution and geography) and arts. I need to continue that but also start going more towards game centric classes which I started this semester doing.
- Lose 50 lbs.
- Diet! I Have started a meager diet because I’ve gained a bit of weight over the last couple of years and I’d like to get down so that I’m more confident and have a better chance of meeting someone. I’ve switched to low fat foods a lot more, I’ve started eating smaller portions, I’ve started eating more fruits and vegetables, and I’ve tried removing candy and chocolate from my diet. I just need to continue this and perhaps get alittle better and more consistant with it.
- Exercise. This is something I did start doing during the spring with Geocaching, but during a few weeks where it became unbearably hot and then followed up with a lot of rain I got out of the habit. I would like to reclaim this activity as it did a very good job at getting me out and exercising regularly.
Any more goals? I don’t think I can think of any now, but these are the big three which of course lead to other bigger things. (Marriage, career, and the ever elusive happiness). Hopefully I can continue to work towards these goals!
Word Count: 763!!!
technorati tags:goals, writing, diet, game, develpment, school
Last Wednesday I went into surgery. The night before I had dreamt of the girl that I am still in love with after 4 or 5 years in which I haven’t even seen her. Spent the entire day thinking about her and convinced myself that in the next couple of weeks that I would try to find her again to see if I could somehow get back together with her.
Continue reading “Remembered past”